Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Gittin' Politiggy Wit' It

OK, I am now an Obama supporter. I wasn't... until last week. Now I am. In light of recent events regarding McCain's selection of Sarah Palin for Vice Presidential running mate (and all of the questions about the woman's family), Senator Obama states:

"Let me be as clear as possible. I think people's families are off-limits,
and people's children are especially off-limits."
I am now more in love with Obama than before. He will not engage in petty gossip.

I will though. Several months ago, a conservative friend sent me an e-mail. At the time, I wanted to know if the e-mail was accurate or not, so I forwarded it to Obama. Obama replied. Apparently I caused quite a stir, too! Issue closed, right? Well, yeah, it was... until I saw the picture below this morning.


(Photo by Al Grillo/AP: Dec. 4, 2006 file photo, Gov. Sarah Palin, left, her husband Todd, and daughters Bristol,16, right, and Piper, 5, front stand as the colors are retired at the end of an inauguration ceremony in Fairbanks, Alaska.)

Being the petty Aunt Crazy that I most assuredly am, I just have to ask one question.

Gov. Palin, girlfriend, is your heart in your sternum?

I'm just saying.

PS - How cute is Piper with her tiara and her 'tude? I love it!!

1 comment:

JayRo said...

I'm kinda thinking she just didn't want to smash her corsage?? :) Cuz then the environmental folks would say she was anit-flora. Just sayin'. :)
going to post the pix from Monday soon! Can't wait to see yours....