Monday, October 22, 2007

Sophie visits the States!

Sophie came on October 10th and stayed for a whole WEEK! We had the best time. We did LOTS of girlie stuff (movies, chocolate, mani/pedis, etc.), we toured Richmond, we shopped 'til we dropped, and we even squeezed in a visit to North Carolina to stay with Christie and Matt.

Christie and Matt entrusted the munchkins to us for the day on Saturday while they went to see Virginia Tech play.

Kyla loved Sophie! They were best of buds all weekend.

Sophie took this picture of Lauren on the swings. I love it! She is smiling because she is kicking me in the butt on the upswing. I'm not sure why, but kids LOVE to kick me in the butt.
And finally... introducing... the BUG BITE FROM HELL! Sophie is used to being eaten alive by bugs wherever she travels (last year she left the US with 16 mosquito bites ... on her trip to Venezuela this year she had more than 100!), but this bite perplexed us all. As you can see, it's a good 2 inches in diameter. It doesn't radiate, which I think is a good thing, but it sure looks uncomfortable! We think it was a spider. It sorta creeped me out, but Sophie took it in stride!

No comments: