All in all, Aunt Crazy successfully...
- Organized and cleaned her basement
- Organized and cleaned her garage
- Installed lights on her bike
- Mowed the grass
- Touched up paint throughout the house
- Labeled paint cans in the basement
- Changed various pieces of furniture throughout the house
- Reorganized and cleaned guest room (including scrubbing floors and baseboards, which is my least favorite part of the cleaning process!)
- Cleaned the oven manually for an hour... then said "Screw Mother Earth" and put the oven on self-cleaning for another hour.
- Organized, cleaned and painted downstairs closet
- Cleaned outside window sills (but never got around to repainting them ... next time!)
- Broke belt on vacuum... bought and fixed belt on vacuum (HASSLE!)
- Cleaned out drains throughout house, including "baking soda & vinegar" trick
- Had dinner with Cousins
- Had lunch with other cousin
- Turned in some less-loved books to used book store and used credit to buy books for the Luals
- Made 8 back-to-school bags for Luals
- Packed and mailed packages for brother, sister, returned GPS and defective Wenger watch
Less notable yet equally time consuming accomplishments:
- Read the Sunday paper cover-to-cover
- Grocery shopped
- Did laundry, including comforter covers
- Paid Bills
- Downloaded Bend It Like Beckham soundtrack to iPod/iPhone
- Watch and/or read about the Olympics.
The pictures below represent some of the above-referenced activities, as well as some pics of Uncle Bill's new digs. Enjoy!
Kathie and I enjoy being told we can't help with anything :)
Any ideas? I didn't think so. This was Aunt Crazy's latest attempt at McGyvering a rolling tray for storing stuff in the back of the closet under the stairs. Yes, I did this myself! Can't you see the sloppy attempt at securing the wheels I found in my toolbox (from my Grandfather's old office chair) with Gorilla Glue?
After cleaning and painting the interior of the closet and the door, here is how my rolly tray fits in the back of the closet, tied to a handy dandy hook on the wall for easy retrieval!
Sydney and the sunset on Pacific Beach ... right at the end of Uncle Bill's street. Surfers in the background. Not too shabby.