Thursday, February 19, 2009

Googling Blog Filler

Well, although I had a great weekend last weekend, I didn't take any pictures! To me a blog post without pictures isn't really worth your time.

So today I googled Blog Filler, and I found a few ideas.

1) Post a few pictures that are already on your computer that make you smile, just because.

This is a picture of me with my Baby Fro.

This is a picture from my trip to LA in 2005. Great trip, great day, great actors, GREAT movie!

This is a recent picture I stole from Jen Hen's flickr account of her new baby Anna ... she is sooooo cute!!!

2) A random clip or movie file that makes you smile. This one got me too ... there is one reader (yes, YOU, California!) who will understand why this is particularly entertaining to me!

3) This one's on me.... I learned something tutoring last night. Nyabol (age 8) was subtracting two, double digit numbers:
_52
- 39
====
I was watching her write it down, and when she started, this is what she said:
OK... Can a 2 year old beat up a 9 year old? No, so take one from the tens column
... that leaves four ... ok, twelve minus nine ...

Hahahaha - Is this what teachers have to resort to today? I was cracking up. I didn't stop her - hey, if it works, it works!

Hokie Kennedy 2000-2009

I do have a sad bit of news. Yesterday my Mom had to put down her dog, Hokie. Hokie was a happy, loyal dog to the Kennedy family for many years. Hokie (originally Lucy when she was adopted) was a great companion to my newly-empty-nested parents. She never really played with toys, she didn't know a single trick, and she had the nastiest looking eye infection you've ever seen in your life, but she would sit on your lap for hours and wanted nothing more than to be fed and petted once in a while. We'll miss you, girl.


Well, that's enough for now. I really did have a great weekend last weekend, which included a "Valentines Sucks" party (which, I discovered, is the exact same thing as a Valentines Party), a lot of sleeping, yoga, coffee and beers with my friend Nicole (one right after the other!), and random errands. Still, I haven't quite finished my Christmas Cards. Oh well.

This weekend should be interesting AND picture filled! It's our annual Academy Awards Girls' Weekend ... God help the greater Richmond area!!

3 comments:

JayRo said...

Can't wait to hear about the girl's weekend! Ya'll behave yourself with all that alcohol, gossip, and laughter. :)
R.I.P. Hokie... :(

Jen Hen said...

Hey, I know that little baby in the picture :). She says thanks for putting her picture on your blog (her mommy needs to get her act together and do the same on her own blog).

Anne said...

Jen Hen, YES! She is!! And that picture really makes me grin. What a cutie padutti.