Thursday, June 7, 2007

The "Next Blog" button is quite addictive!

Since I'm new to having my own blog, I'm paying particular attention to what is on my screen when I view my blog. I discovered the Next Blog button, and I'm totally addicted! It's AMAZING to see how many of us are out there, and it is incredibly interesting to see the themes. There are a lot devoted to entertainment, babies, Christianity, sports, and sex. The most interesting part, I think, is how many different languages are represented.

It reminds me of an old SNL skit. Do you remember the one with Gilda Radner and her husband (Dudley Moore)? They are advertising this vacation package where you don't actually have to go anywhere; you just get in an elevator and press the button. On one floor, Dan Ackroyd hunting bears in Canada or something, then the next floor they are on some exotic vacation beach, etc.

That's what "Next Blog" seems like to me... like I'm leaping all over the globe and landing in the computer of someone I've never met - probably will never meet - and getting to learn about stuff that was important enough to those guys to put post it on the Internet.

Pretty neat stuff.