Friday, April 25, 2008

Workin' for the Weekend



Sooo, here's my last message of the week! Unfortunately Blogger is having some issues with uploading pictures, so I'll have to wait until later to add the pictures, but yesterday I saw my cousins from Maryland. Our family is in the middle of the Great Furniture Exchange that seems to happen every time one of the "triarchs" in the family moves or downsizes. Since my Mom is entering her first "Senior Active Lifestyle Community" in a couple of months, we are all moving my great grandparents' furniture up and down the East Coast. Amy and Pat came down to drop their Mom's dining room table and chairs off with Chuck and Kelly so that they can head on to Virginia Beach to pick up our great-grandparent's dining room table and chairs, for which Amy and Pat have the matching buffet. I know, I know. VERY confusing! :) Great to see everyone, though.

I head out to Ocean City tomorrow to celebrate my friend Karen's 40th birthday. I will also get to see a lot of our friends from our Delta days, many of whom I haven't seen in years. There is only one thing I know about tomorrow night and that is this: it will NOT be pretty. Still, I can't wait!

My friend Padma is also in town this weekend, so I can't wait to catch up with her on everything she did on her volunteer vacation in Nepal. So exciting!

Monday, I have to cram for my sewing class ... I don't like working on this alone. I don't trust myself with a pair of scissors yet!!

No comments: