Thursday, May 8, 2008

Pathetic

I am truly a poor, poor excuse for a student.

On Tuesday, we Richmond girls made our tradtional pilgrimage to the European Market before Sewing class. Although Leslie was too late to enroll in the class, she's joined us the last couple of weeks for our pre-class dinner and bottle of wine.

Kristen, on the other hand, decided to cut her losses. On Monday we all received the e-mail announcing that, in fact, she hated sewing, and she would not be returning to class. This would not, however, usually keep her from the European Market, but she had a date with some work and a climb this particular Tuesday, so we took her raincheck.

Our new best friend, Amanda, custom built this cheese plate for us. She also picked the wine. As a result, it is Amanda I blame for the subsequent events of the evening.

Halfway through our creamy chevre, white stilton, walnuts, quince and apple slices, Susan and I realized that there was NO WAY we were going to Sewing Class that night. So we all ordered a second bottle of wine.


Flash forward to the Martini Kitchen & Bubble Bar a few hours later ...

Yes, I'm embarrassed to admit, this is Aunt Crazy. I couldn't help myself - the band was playing Turn Your Love Around. When's the last time you heard that song?? You'd have done the same thing.

In answer to the question you are most certainly asking in your head, no, I don't remember what we were talking about at the time this picture was taken. It was fun, though!

3 comments:

JayRo said...

Now who am I gonna get to turn all my too-big jeans into cute skirts??! you guys are too funny...

lemmie said...

OMG! Love the silly pix of me - they're out there permanently now! Hopefully Carmen isn't reading your blog :)

Ben said...

Who's the hot fuzzy blond? She seeing anyone :D