I totally stole this idea from Jenni's page. I just really liked it!! I am also going to download some of the songs she has on her iPod - they look good!
1. Put your iPod on shuffle.
2. Hit “Next” and whatever pops up is the answer to your next question!
3. No cheating!
1. How am I feeling today? “Shoulda Woulda Coulda” by Beverley Knight
2. How far will I get in life? “’65 Love Affair” by Paul Davis … what does THAT mean? I’ll be 93 (in the year 2065) before I finally have a lasting love affair? GREAT. Still, living to 93 as "how far I will get in life" is pretty good, right?
3. What is my best friend’s theme song? “Fifteen Years” by Pearl Bailey – that’s really funny because ALL of my friends HATE Pearl Bailey. In fact, in college, Mo and Jennifer hid my Pearl Bailey cassette tape somewhere on campus and I had to go find it. I wasn’t pleased. :)
4. What was high school like? “Islands in the Stream” by Dolly and Kenny… definitely NOT what High School was like – unless, of course, it was me, Jenni, and Erin!! – but I was just talking about this song last night and how happy it makes me. I loves me some Dolly and Kenny.
5. How will today be? “Reunited” by Peaches and Herb … that would be fun! Maybe through Facebook?
6. What is in store for me this weekend? “Ants Marching” by Dave Matthews Band … YUCK. I hope not! I don’t think I have anything to worry about since it’s 30 degrees outside.
7. What is the best thing about me? “Ana Ng” by They Might Be Giants. “Make a hole with a gun perpendicular, to the name of this town in a desktop low….” Eh???
8. What song describes my parents? “When Your Mind’s Made Up” by the Swell Season (the Once soundtrack) … hahahaha!! That is TOTALLY my parents.
9. How is my life going? “Fishin’ Blues” by Taj Mahal… that’s pretty funny. I do like to go fishing, but I don’t go enough. I never thought of that as a parallel to my life, but it’s probably true. (Unless you consider “Fishing” my love life, in which it could NOT be further off… “Many fish bites if you got good bait … Ima goin’ fishin’, yes I’m goin’ fishin’, and my baby’s goin’ fishin” too!”)
10. What song will they play at my funeral? “Letting Go” by Joe Cocker… this is absolutely EERIE. I used to play this song over and over after my Dad died. Wow. So Jenni, if I get hit by a bus today, will you make sure my Mom knows to play this song? Thanks.
11. How does the world see me? “Many the Miles” by Sara Bareilles … I really like this. “There’s too many things I haven’t done yet … there’s too many sunsets, I haven’t seen.”
12. What do my friends think of me? “Livin’ on a Prayer” by Bon Jovi … really??
13. Do people secretly think I’m good looking? “Sweet Caroline” by Neil Diamond … I don’t know what that means, but I believe it’s “people’s” way of skirting the topic, so the answer must be “no!”
14. How can I make myself happy? “Break My Stride” by Matthew Wilder … hahaha – this does make me happy!! Not as happy as “Brandy” by Looking Glass, but VERY happy.
15. What should I do with my life? “Ain’t no Mountain High Enough” by Marvin Gaye … actually, I’m afraid of heights, so I’m going to take this as something metaphorically inspiring.
16. What is some good advice? “I Don’t Wanna Be” by Gavin DeGraw “I don’t wanna be anything other me…” That really IS good advice!
17. Will I get married? “What’s My Name” by Snoop Dogg … hahahaha!! Well, that answers THAT question!! I love it.
18. Where will I go in life? “Oh, I Love You So” by Preston Smith. Hmmm… well, it’s from the Cocktail soundtrack, so maybe Jamaica? That would be cool!
19. Will I have kids? “Dance and Shout” by Shaggy … another evasion, perhaps?
20. What is my current theme song? “Signed, Sealed, Delivered, I’m Yours” by Stevie Wonder. Ok, if the iPod says that’s my theme song, then THAT’S MY THEME SONG!
Jenni, you made ME smile, too!